Monday, March 24, 2014

The Sparklings: A Hidden Treasure!!!

"You can't judge a book by it's cover until you know it's story."

I don't know how many times I've driven past this restaurant; probably a thousand times and never thought once of dining there. Now that I've tried it, I am kicking myself from the deprivation of not having it earlier!!! To be honest, I couldn't stand what it looked like from the outside. (I know, I know, I was being a Shallow Hal.) But you're in for a real treat at The Sparklings if you're in the mood for contemporary American Fare.

Let me begin by stating how beautifully decorated it is! I was blown away. Huge open floor plan, elegant and clean with a southern plantation design concept that was lit up with gorgeous crystal chandeliers. You immediately feel as if you're Royalty.

I wasn't hungry enough to order a whole entree to myself so my friend and I just shared several apps. We ordered: Tuna Tartare, Parmesan Truffle Fries and Bacon Wrapped Date Meatballs.

The Tuna Tartare

I absolutely love ordering Tuna Tartare anywhere that offers it on the menu. It's an appetizer with endless possibilities and I was not disappointed with it at The Sparklings. This tuna had such a wonderful personality and had a friend named Mango join. It was so tasty, light and refreshing. I've never had tuna tartare with mango before but for some reason it worked. You must try!

Parmesan Truffle Fries


Oh parm fries are one of my guiltiest of guilty pleasures in life. So warm, fluffy, crispy, salty and garlicky at the same time. Well done Sparklings, well done.


Bacon Wrapped Dates Meatballs


So yeah, I just about died and went to heaven. Just when I thought you couldn't perfect the art of Bacon Wrapped Dates from FireFlys; I spoke too soon, yes you can!! The Sparklings added it to a meatball which magnified and changed the course of bacon wrapped dates history!! I would call this an, "apptree" the in-between of an appetizer and an entree, too hearty to be called an app and too little to be called an entree, it's just right for me. This dish was so delicious and has shocked me so much from the saltiness of the bacon, the sweetness from the date, the crunch of the almond, the tanginess from the marinara and the heartiness from the meatball. Lets just say I teared up a little when I was eating it. You just have to go and try it for yourself!

Cheers!!!

P.S.

The owners of The Sparklings are also the owners of Soyo Korean Barstaurant and Oyshi! These people are amazing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment