Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Quiche me baby, Quiche me again!!

"Brunch without booze is just a sad late breakfast"

The month of March permits beautiful patio weather and sunshine is what a girl like myself needs after a long night working a graveyard shift. Considering it was a Sunday morning, brunch was a given! A wonderful excuse for my love of day drinking! haha

Mon Ami Gabi was the restaurant of choice. It's a classic French restaurant located in the Paris with outside seating and birds eye view of the beautiful Bellagio fountain water show.

It was a group of us enjoying brunch together and since we are all family I ate every ones food! It was a hit and miss with some of the entrees we ordered. We started off with complimentary loafs of french bread baguettes and butter and ordered an Hor D'oeduvres, Baked Goat Cheese served in a tomato sauce with warm herb garlic bread. Its my cousins favorite thing to order the goat cheese is decedent with its rich, creamy texture and mild salty taste with a garlicky bread to mop it all up, very savory.




We ordered Smoked Salmon with slices of brioche, creme fraiche, red onion and capers. I loved every briny and smokey bite! I also ordered a side of poached eggs, oh yes, it was a delicious pairing!



And whats a brunch without a Benny?! It wouldn't be the same right?! Wrong, I wish we didn't order it here. It was mediocre and hash browns were cold :(


Next course was the Prime Steak Sandwich with au jus, horseradish cream, mustard-mayo on a cheese bun with a side of frites. This was an exciting sandwich to eat! Tender steak, grainy mustard and flavorful au jus!


This Quiche, tasted like a regular Quiche nothing out of the ordinary just a simple Lorraine. So if you're a boring person who likes to play it safe then this is the dish for you. Which was also horribly plated, (scoffs) I mean geez, looks as if they just threw on garnishments to add color. 



My overall experience at this establishment was still enjoyable even though the food was mediocre and the mimosas were over-priced. But you can't beat the view of the Bellagio fountain, the soft alternative poppy music playing and people watching the tourists strolling by. All those factors literally saved this review. And or course the company you choose to dine with. For me it was my cousins, anywhere we go we always have a wonderful time and make the best out of everything, especially if there's day drinking involved.

Cheers!!!!   









No comments:

Post a Comment